Thursday, 16 May 2013

The Week That Was (May 7-12): By Pearl Donzwa



The Week That Was (May 7-12)

The week that was not so exciting until the moment I woke up on that Sunday morning. The build-up of enthusiasm I had for so many months finally over flowed. The pandemonium for this one person by girls all over the city and the rest of the world- the day had finally arrived. It felt unreal. I was going to see the person that causes so much enjoyment and chaos at the same time and he was going to perform to me. It was all too much.
As we arrived to the stadium it was as if my excitement (that couldn’t possibly be more) doubled. After what I would call ‘the warm up’ performances by Locnville and Chianna Sky I couldn’t wipe the cheek-to-cheek grin off my face. 5 4 3 2 1… Perhaps the greatest amount of tears and screams that could be heard and seen in one place at one time flooded the area. JUSTIN BIEBER! He was in the same perimeter as me. It still feels like a dream that I can even construct a sentence that consists of myself and Justin Bieber being at the same place at the same time without ‘if only’ or ‘I wish’ or ‘when he proposes to me’.
His performance was incredible. He proved to be way more charming in person because instead of serenading a fan from the audience, during the song One Less Lonely Girl, he sang to his mom for Mother’s day.
After his hit song Baby, my heart sank when he left the stage to end the show. It was now over- I was awakened from my dream. Not only did Justin Bieber make my un-exciting week the most exciting week ever, he made people’s lives. This is because he is truly talented to be able to sing and dance like he does; He is brave to touch the hands of fans that would go to any lengths to lick his vomit of the stage and he is way more attractive, if that is even imaginable, in person…
He said he would return so until then only might I have the same indescribable excitement run through my veins.
By Pearl Donzwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment