Monday, 20 May 2013

Dear Mr Davies


Dear Mr Davies,

My name is Amber Anglin and I am a Canadian student in Grade 9 here at Dainfern College. My family and I moved to South Africa from Berlin in January and my three younger siblings and I started at Dainfern College at the beginning of the first term. I’m a bit of a rebel and dislike rules and expectations however I do realize that people have responsibilities to fulfil and I respect that even if I do not necessarily agree with what they stand for/are doing.

As you are the new principal I am sure that you realize what is expected of you in general however we were given the task of identifying and explaining our own expectations of you. I expect from you what I expect from every other principal I have met – orderliness, a strong sense of fairness and responsibility and that slight aura of menace that seems to follow all those in power however hard they try to dispel it. I hope I will like you (although my hopes are not too high) and I am willing to give you the benefit of doubt and perhaps make an exception to my rule of disliking all principals.

In conclusion, I wish you all the best and hope that you will enjoy working here. As with many schools there are ups and downs, welcoming people and liars. The trick is seeing the good and trying to improve the bad. To start you off with one good thought, I hear the staffroom food is pretty good.

Kindest regards

Amber Anglin

No comments:

Post a Comment