Thursday, 16 May 2013

The Week That Was - Julia Brown


The Week That Was (May 7th -12th)

After the two days experienced at school, dreaded Thursday finally arrived. I had two projects due that I had spent my entire holiday working on. These included my Design and Technology project, which was an Alice in Wonderland themed Caterpillar Recycle Bin, and two EMS movies. These were both handed in right on time, and the barrier was broken between me and the weekend – and Justin Bieber’s BELIEVE concert. Friday and Saturday crept by as slowly as they possibly could it seemed. It was with as much excitement I could bear that I woke up on Sunday. I jumped out of bed to treat my mom for a lovely mother’s day breakfast, and presented her with my handmade card.  Once that was over, I said my goodbyes to my family and set off to the concert. It was all I could think about, and nerves and excitement were all I could feel as Sarah, Nina and I pulled up to FNB stadium at 10am, 8 hours before the concert even started, trying to secure ourselves a good spot in the Golden Circle area of the concert. I found some friends queuing for the same reason, and we joined them in the gruelling sun for a few hours before we were sent into the stadium. The reactions that followed the news that we could enter the stadium where terrifying. Where ever I looked, all I could see where screaming girls, and when I came out of this daze, I found that I was one of them. I was being shoved towards the entrance, trampled by thousands of Beliebers. I couldn’t even see the stairs that were ahead, only the thousands of heads flowing down them. But they had good reason to push and shove their way out, because as I walked out onto the field, catching my breath, I saw the stage surrounded by screaming, crying, fainting fans. It felt as though in only seconds I was standing with them, screaming my lungs out. A screen hung above the stage, a golden key situated in the middle of it against a red fabric background. As we waited, shoved by Beliebers desperate to get closer to the stage we were entertained by artists such as Chiano Sky and Locnville. The beat thumped in my heart – that could not be good for my health, but right then all I could think about was when Justin was going to come on. Soon after Locnville ended their set, a ten minute countdown was projected onto the screen. Fireworks exploded and ear piercing shrieks were heard as Justin Bieber swaggered onto the stage, wearing an all-white ensemble with black shades. He slowly removed them and everybody went crazy. I was so close to him and his actual physical self, that I could barely contain my excitement. He sang some of his best hits, such as ‘Boyfriend’ and ‘Beauty and a Beat.’ When he left the stage, I was left with  amazing memories. It was an unforgettable night, and one I will treasure in my heart forever. It was so much fun and I still can hardly believe that I had the privilege to see him live on his BELIEVE tour, and after the most terrible week. I truly had a great week, and one I will remember for the rest of my life. And that was The Week That Was. (7th-12th May)

JULIA BROWN

No comments:

Post a Comment