Monday, 20 May 2013

Dear Mr Davies - Julia Brown


Dear Mr Davies
My name is Julia Brown, but I prefer to be called Juls. I think it’s because my parents only call me Julia when I am in trouble, so I accompany being called Julia with being in trouble. Anyway, I am in grade 9 at Dainfern College and I have been here since grade 1. I have a younger brother who also attends Dainfern College, and he is in grade 7. He wants to move schools in grade 8 to St. Johns because he is a huge sportsman and believes that St Johns can benefit him better than Dainfern can. But I believe differently.

Dainfern has been the perfect school for me since Grade 4. In the prep school, I had a hard time with bullying and I always felt out of place. Maybe it was because my teachers did little to help me out of those hard situations. I had no friends, and was more than a little challenged when it came to Math. I needed help but the teachers would not give it to me. I would cry every day before school, dreading having to go to the jail that was my classroom. After grade 3, I was desperate to move, but decided to give grade 4 a go. Luckily I did, because I met my future best friend, Nina Kisbey-Green. We had never been in the same class until then, but I remember watching her at break in the prep school, smiling and laughing without a worry in the world.

Since then we were inseparable and it made all the difference in my life. I started to thrive in school, and was not often seen without a smile on my face. I flew through the Senior Prep without trouble, having Nina at my side. I opened myself up to new people and new things, seeing as Dainfern College offers me a variety of exciting activities that are always improving me as a person. In my opinion, the only thing that needs attention is bullying, especially in the lower grades. I would recommend Dainfern to anybody in a heartbeat, and I know that most other students here will. I hope that you will enforce the schools blueprints more because they are a lovely aspect of our school. If its not too much to ask, if you could keep our assemblies fun like Mr West did it would be awesome, because it made one of our most boring periods one of the best! I trust that as our new principal, you will further better Dainfern College to make it an even more enjoyable place for everyone who has come to know it.

Kind regards
Julia Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment