Tuesday, 17 September 2013

I Am David First Impressions - Nina Kisbey-Green

I have only recently started reading the book "I Am David" and so far it is not quite to my liking. Much like the plain cover, the writing style is very simple with very little interesting adjectives to paint vivid images in my head. The story happens very quickly, within the first few pages David had successfully escaped from the concentration camp and is already on the run. Everything seems to go Davids way and there is no interesting or dramatic scenes that keep me interested in the story. 

Despite my disappointment at the lacking vocabulary in the book, the actual storyline is to my liking and that alone has me eager to turn the page. David is on the run from the Nazis and is starting to think about the hurt he has promised himself he would forget. With thoughts of the ones he loves racing through his head, David continues to run to his hopeful freedom to start a new life not locked up inside the dreadful camp under the control of the brutal Nazis.

No comments:

Post a Comment