Tuesday, 25 June 2013

When Mandela Goes

When Mandela goes… What will happen?                                                                                     How will people react? Will people react?                                                                                   What will happen with South Africa? What will happen…?

So many unanswered questions…

Mandela is a very special person for many people. For many people, Mandela is their god. In their eyes, Mandela stopped apartheid and freed South Africa and I feel the same way too. Mandela is the reason that we all are united, that we are not as we were in apartheid. It does not mean that there is no more sign of apartheid. There are still people that are racist, that threat others unfairly but Mandela was able to stop part of it. But others don’t like Mandela and they do have the right to.

I lived in Belgium before I came to Africa, and I knew who Mandela was. I knew what he did for his land. And that is quiet unique as it states that Mandela is known all over the world. And in Belgium, people see him as a hero. A person that made a better life for many others.

All over South Africa and I think, also all over the world, people are praying for him. People are praying for Mandela, so that he can get better. And I know that soon, the time will come for him to go and everyone is preparing themselves for it. So that when he does go, they are already calmed down.

I am sure that Mandela is very important to the black people in South Africa, as the black South Africans were the ones that in apartheid were mostly targeted at. And Mandela made it possible for them, to become “human” again. He freed them and made a better world for them.

Also, when Mandela goes, it is a sign that we have to keep on improving our country and our world. That we have to do something to make our world a better place, like Mandela did. We have to take action…

But I believe that Mandela, never will be gone. If he goes, he will leave our sight but he will never leave our heart. Mandela really does make a difference in my life. He thought me to respect everyone equally, to love everyone equally and to listen to everyone. He has thought me many life lessons and I will truly be sad when he is gone.

I want to end of with a quote:
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.                                    -Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment