Tuesday, 4 June 2013

What Was I Thinking? Julia Brown

I was new to Instagram when I posted it - thats my excuse. I didn't know that most people posted pictures of their lunch or of their new scarf. I thought you were supposed to post only pictures of yourself, because I didn't see the point of posting a picture of the traffic through the windshield, or of my newly painted toes. But thats Instagram for you. Thats why it can be described as 'My Life Through Pictures.' 
My life is not the photo below. I don't spend my days lazing around on the grass, laughing at something distant in the sky. If I had the option I wouldn't have even been there. My mom wanted to capture the memory though. She called up a photographer to take some photos of our family. I can assure you that my life does not consist of being squished between my brother and sister in a dog-pile, smiling at the camera whilst we were actually dying for the photo to be taken. The only time I am ever in that same position with my siblings is when we are in a brawl. It almost seems like lying to me, like I'm pretending that that is my everyday life, when it most definitely isnt. Those times may not be the times that make up my life, but I can tell you that pulling the duck-face in the bathroom mirror is not at all what my life consists of either.

Julia Brown
9Z


No comments:

Post a Comment