Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Jacob Zuma does not read - Ryan Mac Farlane


I think that it is terrible that our president does not read. When I was younger my gran always told me that “Knowledge is Power” and she always encouraged me to read. Jacob Zuma is in a very powerful position in our country and should be doing everything in his power to better this country and our quality of living.
 
 
I am not talking about Harry Potter novels, I’m talking about intellectual books or articles concerning our countries wellbeing and history  as well as other country’s’ political views and policies as well as their political history. Many South Africans think that he is uneducated and not intelligent, I am one of those South Africans. I personally think that he should at least attempt to read a book after seeing people’s reactions to the fact that he doesn’t read.


He does not have a very “academic” background, and is not the best role model for our country. Unfortunately people do look up to him, even with his false promises and exploitation of the peoples taxes people still vote for him. But that is concerning our country and corruption and that is a different story. With all this in mind, the fact that he doesn’t read doesn’t help his reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment