Despite the deep history, legacy and achievements of South Africa as a whole, the country continues to be held back as R250 million is used by Jacob Zuma on his Nkandla upgrade. The use of this money on President Zuma's Nkandla is the virtual theft of South African citizens' education, food, housing, health care and rightfully deserved way of life.
The president's homeland now has hi-tech security, a yard like a complex, and a hospital. In my eyes Jacob Zuma's actions are the opposite of what a good leader entails. Ignorantly he has met his own needs by upgrading his homeland and, I try to convince myself, has 'forgotten' to upgrade the rest of South Africa- the poverty stricken I mentioned above.
To Z or not to Z? It seems that everyday I find myself swaying toward 'not to Z' because i believe that the value of the fight for the freedom of this country's citizens is far too precious to have the needs of the president met and not the needs of the very people he leads.
By Pearl Donzwa
No comments:
Post a Comment