Dream World is the place where we go to in our dreams. Whether its day dreaming in class or falling asleep and escaping to a fairytale life we only wish could be true. The dream world is just that... a world of dreams. The place where you'll find the dreams of a three year old with aspirations of becoming a princess or an astronaut or doctor. The place where your mind escapes to when the real world becomes too real; when reality is too hard to handle.
I dreamed a dream. A song written by a french composer, Claude Michel Schonberg, and perfomed in the oscar-winning musical Les Miserables. In the movie, this song was sung by Fantine. She is unemployed, alone and without hope. The song speaks about the dreams had when 'life was worth living' and 'hope is high' that love would never die and that God would be forgiving. It then goes on to speak about tigers at night that rip hope to peices and put those dreams to shame. Tigers that steal childhood. Further more, the dreams she dreamt are so different from the life she is living and how life killed those dreams.
Perhaps these tigers could be compared to reality of life. Reality steals the innocence of a child and the dreams they had. Those dreams that they hoped would define their livelyhood as adults are destroyed because of life.
I like the thinking and I really like the song mentioned. I could hear the melody while reading it.
ReplyDeleteA.A.